Monday, June 29, 2009

Cokesbury Traffic, Month One: Pretty Dismal

The Cokesbury Party Blog officially celebrates its first month in existence tomorrow, but I must confess traffic to the site has been a mite disappointing. Perhaps I overestimated the mass appeal of a site poking fun at a 1932 party book, aided by occasional commentary on passages from the works of Sinclair Lewis. Obviously, the people who told me to concentrate on niche markets, such as left-handed dentists without tonsils, don't know everything.

So it's a good thing, then, that I do that site (and this one) for fun more than anything else. If I had hopes, a month ago, that Cokesbury would make me rich beyond the dreams of avarice, I would be mightily disappointed. I hope, however, that in the month the site has been in existence, it has brought joy to one of its 37 visitors. Though judging by the site's total lack of comments, the joy was not exquisite to the point anybody would bother to let me know. I'm not going to cry. Or whine. Or do anything else for that matter, except prepare next week's installation. I'm determined to finish the project, even if I'm the only one looking at it.

No comments: