Sunday, August 9, 2009

He Writes the Songs, I Take Care of the Blog Posts

Ordinarily, I try not to mix this blog with the Cokebury Party Blog, but I've just written a post over there that I'm insanely proud of. It may be the first ever successful integration of a staid Easter Party with Mr. I Write the Songs himself, Barry Manilow.

I've had Barry on my mind since yesterday when I heard Copacabana on the radio and was bitterly disappointed when the song was immediately followed up with by a tire commercial. In my mind, the only way to follow up Copacabana on the radio is to immediately play Copacabana again. (The second playing, fortunately for those who don't like Barry, negates the playing of the song for a third time, because even rabid Manilow fans should learn moderation.) Anyway, you may read the aforementioned blog entry here. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments: