Monday, September 14, 2009

A Few Little Things

1) REDACTED.

2) I got my son's bike put back together. Not by using the parts that fell out of the hub when I took it apart to replace the axle, but by taking the parts out of another rear wheel from a bicycle we're no longer using and stuffing the parts into the new bicycle. A phyrric victory to say the least, as I now have transferred the messy pile of parts from one bicycle to another, but at least the new bike is ready to go.

3) Unfortunately, he's too nervous to ride the new bike, even though I transferred the training wheels from one bike to the other, making necessary the repair in the first place. It's too "wobbly," he says. Sigh.

4) I'm playing hooky from work, but with good reason: a mild case of the flu. I'll spare the details, but suffice it to say I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom today. Wondering if I shouldn't go back on the lemon juice/spearmint treatment, as it's supposed not only to stave off allergies but also aid in certain bodily functions. We'll see.

No comments: