Thursday, October 22, 2009

SOLD!

I'm probably being a little premature -- and immature -- about this, but THE VAN IS SOLD! I don't even know who is buying it (my wife does) but I'm thrilled. Not that it's a terrible vehicle' as a matter of fact, it's been a great one. But we don't need three vehicles (its replacement is already here, see).

Premature, I say, because we don't have the money yet. They'll come with the boodle Tuesday night, 8:30 sharp, after pack meeting. That's good for us.

For the curious: We put the van in two newspapers and on Craigslist, locally. The newspaper ads cost us about $70. Craigslist was free. We sold it to a lady who spotted it parked at the spot where I catch the bus for work. So my advice: Get some window chalk and paint away, if you're trying to sell a vehicle. Don't bother with papers. Oh, we had people call who had read our ad, but no serious inquiries. And from Craigslist, I got one spam message from someone who said she understood that in these tough economic times we might have to sell our vehicle in order to make our house payment, but she just happened to be connected with some kind of Internet fortune-maker, and one phone call from a guy who said he'd sell our van for us, for a fee. So poo on Craigslist as well.

No comments: