Monday, February 16, 2009

Chunk Emulation Begins . . . NOW

Because February is a month in which you need a sliver of hope to cling to, lest the drear of winter penetrate the deepest cavities of your brain and cause permanent damage, I spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about the vacation we're planning for later this year at Cannon Beach, Oregon. (Note the inspirational art here, of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, which has all the things I yearn for: Rocks, caves, water, drippy places to hide, possibly sand and starfish.) I just can't wait to go. I've wanted to vacation there for several years, but we kept utting it off, thinking the kids were too young to enjoy it. Now they're not. So we're going.

I'm planning a lot of side trips. Clatsop County is, fromwhat I hear, slightly more on the picturesque side than other places I've visited. Plus there's Astoria nearby, where I can engage in a Goonies remembrance tour and possibly engage in the Truffle Shuffle in front of Mikey's house. Will bring the video camera -- and a Hawaiian shirt and loud pants -- for that one.

And, yes, there will come a few Uncharted stories out of the whole mess. That's a side benefit. The real reason we're going: We did not take a vacation last year because we just couldn't afford it. This year, we're going.

No comments: