Saturday, June 5, 2010

On Loan from My Kids Refrigerator

NOTE: Another post borrowed from one of my other blogs. Again, I share it because the artwork here is just one I'm going to have to keep until I'm old and gray, mister.

We've had this gem on our refrigerator for a few weeks now. It started out as our oldest outlining what chores he'd do for a few weeks to fulfill a Webelos Scout requirement. Ordinarily, he does lists, because he loves lists and loves knowing what comes next. But on occasion he will do a list, but in graphic form.

When he draws, he has two principal influences. We've already seen the Scott Adams influence. Here, we see influence from Jeff Kinney and his "Diary of A Wimpy Kid" series. He loves the books and loved the movie, but loves the art most of all. I think he does a pretty good job. My favorite is the vanity cleaning, as we've got that nice reflection going.

No comments: