Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh This Just Hurts

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Grammar Nazi does not profess to being perfect. I misjudge, mistyle, misspell and otherwise do my best to make myself look like a linguistic and phoneic phool. That's why I have my mantra:

gauge gauge gauge gauge gauge gauge

And that's why I practice my other bugaboos:

antenna antenna antenna antenna antenna

And that's why I always second-guess and go to the dictionary if in doubt. I learned today that forego is an acceptable variant of forgo, for example.

But things like this just hurt:


And no matter how much you chalk it up to things like the spoken word getting into speech or a bad case of homophonitis, this is the kind of thing that makes the Grammar Nazi just go crazy.

Wrap or Rap? It's your choice. And, in this case, an obvious one.

No comments: