Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogging From Church

If we lived a block closer to the church building, I could post this entry using our home network. But, alas, the network doesn't stretch as far as this. And that's a good thing, because if I had Internet access here, the temptation would be overwhelming. But I can peck out an entry, however.

I like this early church thing. It does require a lot more preparatory effort to get everything pulled tohether in just two hours, but all that is worth it since we're done with church at noon.

Today, we cook the pot roast we originally got for Christmas Day. I have never cooked a roast before, so I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I'm taking the Fezzik approach, in that I "know how to heat and how to cool and how to sniff the good meat from the rotted," as William Goldman writes in "The Princess Bride."

Birthday went well. I got new pants. Can't beat that. Plus half a gig of memory for the computer. I'll admit to being a bit bummed by Sim City 4's performance, even with the additional memory. For some reason, the game and the Rush Hoir expansion pack are full-featured on Michelle's computer, but on mine I lose some of the highest options. I have no way to explain that, and if my Internet searches are indicitivr, I'm the only one having this problem. I don't mind being unique and all, but like Homer Simpson, I have to wonder why tje stuff that happens to stupid people always happens to me.

Well, I think I'm done. Michelle is giving me odd looks.


Posted with LifeCast


No comments: