Friday, January 30, 2009

Slowly We Turn . . .

Because of the global reach of this blog, we've received many concerned e-mails (OK, one) from folks all over who are on tenterhooks to know what else is going to break down in the Davidson household.

So far: Nothing aside that which has already broken, or has remained unrepaired since it broke down outside of Black Week.

The van (cross fingers until the knuckles turn white) is fixed. Dead battery. We've owned the van for about five years now, and had not replaced the battery in that time, and have no idea how long it had been in the van before we bought it. So it is reasonable to assume that the battery, sucked of juice for the brief minute we drove when the serpentine belt broke, just gave up the ghost. But we'll see. I am a darkly pessimistic soul when it comes to getting auto repairs to stick. Good news is our next door neighbor Brian Wood is a mechanic, and was able to help us with the replacement. Ordinarily I would have done it, and have done it in the truck. But the van battery was buried under a number of other items, so I decided to seek guidance in getting it out. Good thing I did. He had the tools to do it, and struggled himself to get the thing free.

Now if only we could get our microwave back. I'm jonesin' for some popcorn.

Additionally: When I popped the hood, I found a tool one of the mechanics who worked on our van in the past few weeks left there. If it belongs to Larsen, I'll give it back. If it belongs to the rude folks, I'll have to think about it.

And then ask myself: What Would Wally Do? Neither. He'd just keep it because it was too much of a hassle to track down its rightful owner. I won't do that.

No comments: