Friday, March 19, 2010

Doggie's Got Blue Eyes


One of the big deals at Uncharted is finding adventures not typically found. Any bozo -- myself included -- can drive along and then, when somethign interesting comes along, pull off the road, maybe hike a little bit, and enjoy it.

Then there are folks like Yellowpaws, who want adventure off the beaten path. Well, at least a path beaten by humans.

She recently found a company in British Columbia, Canada, that will take adventurers on a dog sled run. Hence the photo of the happy, curious canine. You can read her story here.

I highly recommend dog sledding, by the way. I got to do it once, long ago, as a representative of a local media outlet at the American Dog Derby in Ashton. While the local TV reporter was hamming it up (and stoking up her own fear of dogs) I had a ball. Those dogs run damn fast, and at 310 pounds, I'm no lightweight, either. They took off as if there was nothing on the sled. I screamed as loud as I could to encourage them.

We won the race.

Get an opportunity to go dog sled racing? Take it.

No comments: