Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oont: It's Time for A Different Approach

I'm stuck.

Really stuck.

I need a new approach. I'm going to have to plan something out. Having words on paper is good, but having a plan for where those words are going to take me and the story is better. I still think the good approach is to soldier ahead, but at the same time, I need to know where the enemy is so I can head in the right direction. I like the free-form of just writing writing writing, but for this story to be anything more than a collection of blog posts, it's got to go somewhere.

I think what I need to do is have my wife read what I've got -- she's a terrific editor and cold-blooded critic, something every writer should have -- to see what I'm doing right and where I'm going wrong. That is, if she can find the time. And if any of you out there have some ideas, I'm ready to listen.

No comments: