Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Just too Confusing

Because of an odd coincidence of circumstances, I was able to work out of home this afternoon, a treat I don't often enjoy due to the nature of the business I'm in. We had a big company meeting in Rexburg this morning, and I needed to do some work on a bit of software that I have at home but don't have at work, so after a brisk walk through the snow from the Hart Auditorium to my truck parked at the hilltop bus stop, I was "home" for the day.

My presence caused no small amount of confusion for my kids, who tell me they love me dearly but are used to me getting hone shortly after seven each night.

Upon greeting Isaac: "Dad! How come you're home?"

Upon greeting Liam: "Dad, shouldn't you be at work?"

Upon greeting Lexie: "Dad, why are you here?"

Lexie was the toughest to convince. Despite telling her a couple times why I was able to work out of home for the afternoon, she just couldn't grasp the concept. "Lexie," I told her, "I'll work at home until five and then I'm done. Isn't that great?"

She stared at me for a moment, then asked, "Are you going back to work at five o'clock?"

Honestly, I felt like going outside snd sitting in the truck until 7:10 just to get them back into the routine.

But this was a good day. Got my work done, got home at five, like a regular guy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch, like a pretentious pseudosnob.

No comments: